Quality Engineer Intern- Summer 2022
With fifty years of consecutive growth, Medline has more than 25,000 employees worldwide and business in more than 90 countries. Recently named one of the nation’s "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for,” this position is available in our Northfield, IL and Waukegan, IL locations, both in the northern suburbs of Chicago. To maintain this enviable position and continue our growth, we are looking for new talent, like you!
Medline offers a robust internship program that provides you with the ability to make a true impact. You will be able to take ownership on projects as well as get a feel for day to day work in your role. In addition to the project work, Medline will provide you with learning, networking, and social opportunities throughout the summer through intern specific trainings, lunch & learns with leadership, and fun events.
A Quality Engineer Intern will work directly with full-time Quality Engineers and Associate Quality Engineers. The position will entail managing multiple projects in regards to product quality; i.e. Design Files, Risk Analysis., CAPA process, 510k data collection, product testing, creating documentation for the Master Device Record, etc. We are seeking a dynamic, creative and hard-working professional looking for hands on experience at a large healthcare company.
Possible projects could include:
- Test and evaluate new and existing products
- Author test protocols, reports, as needed
- Responsible to investigate the customer/sales force complaints and assure complaints are investigated accurately and closed in a reasonable amount of time
- Process improvement tasks as they relate to product quality and regulatory compliance
- Contribute to product design and development and create the supporting documentation for submission to FDA or other registered bodies
- Assist the Quality Engineers on daily activities dealing with product quality to include CAPA, risk analysis, complaint investigation, product testing and more
Please be aware that Medline requires all employees starting in this position to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated by their start date. Medline is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law.
- Engineering or Science related majors preferred
- Junior standing with 3.0 minimum GPA preferred
- Detail oriented with superior organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Good documentation skills and laboratory practices
- Design project experience
- Unrestricted permanent US work authorization