R&D Product Development Intern- Summer 2022
With fifty years of consecutive growth, Medline has more than 25,000 employees worldwide and business in more than 90 countries. Recently named one of the nation’s "Best and Brightest Companies to Work for,” Medline has a new, state-of-the-art corporate headquarters in Northfield, IL, just north of Chicago. To maintain this enviable position and continue our growth, we are looking for new talent, like you!
Medline offers a robust internship program that provides you with the ability to make a true impact. You will be able to take ownership on projects as well as get a feel for day to day work in your role. In addition to the project work, Medline will provide you with learning, networking, and social opportunities throughout the summer through intern specific trainings, lunch & learns with leadership, and fun events.
An R&D Product Development Intern will work directly with full-time engineers and product divisions in managing multiple projects associated with new product development. You could be on our Research & Development team helping to develop products from the ground up or be placed in a specific product division researching competitors and evaluating new features and designs. We are seeking a dynamic, creative and hard-working professional looking for hands on product development experience at a large healthcare organization.
Possible projects could include:
- Contribute to product development projects as assigned by management
- Review and submit IP
- Interact with internal stakeholders to identify key design aspects of device projects
- Biomedical/Biomechanical engineering, mechanical engineering, or electrical engineering preferred
- Junior standing with 3.0 minimum GPA preferred
- Detail oriented with superior organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Experience with product development and prototype fabrication preferred
- Design project experience
- App/Programming skills are beneficial but not required
- Unrestricted permanent US work authorization