Engineering – Graduate Student level
A career in Engineering at Northrop Grumman will touch virtually everything we do. From equipment that protects our men and women in uniform, to satellites that predict climate change, engineers are huge contributors to our mission.
Northrop Grumman offers a variety of challenging roles for qualified candidates with a Masters or PhD degrees in multiple Engineering disciplines. These opportunities can be for rotational programs ( Pathways Program) or direct placement roles.
Wondering what you could be doing as an Engineer at Northrop Grumman? Here are just a few examples:
As an electrical engineer, you could find yourself in a role as an Analog Design Engineer, Antenna RF Engineer, Avionics Engineer, Circuit Designer, Digital / FPGA Design Engineer, Electrical System Design Integration, Field Technician Systems, Architecture and Design, Network Engineer, Power Electronics Engineer, Product Development Engineer, Radar Systems Engineer, RF/Microwave Engineer, Signal/Image Processing.
As a systems engineer, you could be responsible for generating and flowing down customer requirements to hardware and software designers, developing innovative system architectures, implementing advanced algorithms involving sophisticated signal processing and data processing techniques, and integrating and testing finished hardware and software products.
As a computer engineer, you could find yourself in a role as an Embedded Software Developer, Systems Administrator, Applications Developer, Java Developer, Software Developer, Test &Evaluation Engineer, General Research Analyst, Simulation Engineer, Software Engineer or a Product Development Engineer.
By clicking on the link below you will be put in a prospect pool where your resume will be visible to all college recruiters and hiring managers with opportunities nationwide. Our recruiters are looking forward to working with you to fulfill your career goals by identifying the best opportunity for you.
Northrop Grumman larger facilities include but are not limited to: Baltimore, MD;; Northern VA;;;,; Rolling Meadows, IL; San Diego, CA; Woodland Hills, CA
Performance standards that an incumbent must have to be successful in this position include:
- Leadership and teamwork capabilities
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Extracurricular activities (campus organizations, clubs, student organizations, community service)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
Prospect Qualifications: A prospect, regardless of age and hiring source must meet all of the below criteria:
- Enrolled in or having received an graduate or PhD degree from an accredited college/university majoring in a science, technology, engineering, or related degree
- Possess an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher
- Prior internship or research experience in related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.