SUMMARY OF POSITION:
HemoShear is hiring full-time paid summer interns with potential for future employment.
We offer access to senior leaders, opportunities for lab experience and learning in an entrepreneurial environment in a small company atmosphere.
The Laboratory Intern will be responsible for supporting the activities of the lab. These responsibilities include assisting in tissue culture, device experimentation, and end-point assays. The Laboratory Intern will work closely with other members of the lab team to ensure prompt, successful execution of research projects for HemoShear Therapeutics’ development.
There will be a research project to help support HemoShear Therapeutics’ drug discovery pipeline. The purpose of the project is to provide experience with pharmaceutical research and development. The Laboratory Intern will have a program leader mentoring them and providing guidance throughout the project. At the conclusion of the internship, the Laboratory Intern will give a presentation on their findings to the company. This internship position has potential to lead to full-time hire.
The Research Associate be responsible for supporting laboratory activity across HemoShear Therapeutics’ human tissue systems and working closely with other groups to assist in experimental preparation and execution. Responsibilities will include:
- Performing experimental set up, maintenance and take down
- Conducting and/or coordinating development/validation studies related to HemoShear device.
- Conducting experimentation/validation studies related to endpoints and assays
- Calibrating device equipment/accessories upon installation and at appropriate intervals
- Tracking all HemoShear laboratory equipment assets, including devices, and ensuring proper maintenance/validation
- Responsibility for upholding all safety standards, discipline guidelines, and laboratory compliance requirements
- Maintaining high level of documentation and records in laboratory notebooks and data files
- Communicating laboratory operational needs
- Performing additional activities needed to ensure successful project completion
- Supporting laboratory inventory management
- Assisting with deliveries and shipments of supplies and products
- Currently enrolled in a college level curriculum focusing on Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biology or other relevant science field. Preferred third year student.